FOR EVENT RENTALS, MUSIC EVENTS, and BANDS:
- The space is available for special gatherings such as small banquets, literary events, film showings, receptions, dramatic presentations, and music.
- MODERNFORMATIONS DOES NOT BOOK SHOWS DIRECTLY FOR TOURING BANDS OR MUSICAL ACTS. Please do not contact us with booking inquiries if you are a touring band or booking agent. Please locate a local promoter.
- All events must be finished, at the latest, by 10:30pm Sunday-Thursday and 12:00am Friday and Saturday. These are guidelines designated by the gallery’s occupancy permit/the city of Pittsburgh.
- Promoter must find someone to work the door at charged events.
- Sound person will be provided
- Legal capacity is 130 standing. Consider the number of performers in the event, equipment/instruments, chairs and tables that may be used, and other supplies. For a seated event the gallery can fit about 60 to 70 chairs depending on the supplies listed above. The gallery will provide these tables and chairs (60 folding chairs, 6 square tables that are 2 foot square, and 2 six foot folding tables)
***Pricing and more detailed information will be given upon request. Please email the gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412.362.0274
PA/SOUND SYSTEM DESCRIPTION:
The gallery has a PA system for vocals and any instruments that don’t have an amp (keyboards, electric acoustic guitars, etc), as well as monitors on the stage. The room is small enough that amps do not need to be mic’d…there are 3 vocal mics (2 of them are boom, 1 straight). It is unnecessary to mic the drums. There are 3 direct inputs, two floor monitors on the stage and two room speakers. The performance space has great acoustics already. The stage is approximately 14 ft. X 14 ft.
We can also play CD’s and/or an Ipod during a party/special event. The rental party must provide the CD/Ipod
Submit images of your work to email@example.com or schedule a visit during gallery hours and bring your portfolio or images of your work
- Please include an artist statement, bio, and/or resume when contacting the gallery.
- Exhibits run on a month to month basis. Openings are the first Friday of the month in order to coincide with Unblurred events on Penn Avenue. The exhibit closes on the last Friday of the month. For more information about Unblurred please go to http://pennavenuearts.org/.
- Group exhibits are permitted if several artists wish to exhibit together.
- Modernformations looks for artists and non-artists that are from Pittsburgh or that have some connection to Pittsburgh. These artists should exhibit original contemporary, modern, or abstract art.
- There is a $150 exhibition fee. The gallery does not profit from this fee. It is used to buy supplies for the opening and pay for advertising. Can be waived if artist(s) purchase their own postcards/food/beverages for the opening.
- Front gallery = 15′ x 10′, Back gallery = 20′ x 15′.
- 75/25 commission (artist/gallery).